Author Topic: New Treager Pellet smokers  (Read 307 times)

Smokey

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
New Treager Pellet smokers
« on: August 19, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »
I had a good look at these new model smokers / Grills down at my local BBQ G and I must say I was impressed by the quality. The metal seemed thick and the paint also thick and durable.  A very simple control dial, Really all that is required.
If anyone that has owned or owns an older model, When you get a chance look the new models over and let me know if the paint has improved?
From the outset, It seems a better finish for coastal / Humid areas over its Green mountain rival. I was shocked enough to notice it.

Lovey

• Chef de Partie
    • View Profile
Re: New Treager Pellet smokers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 02:07:42 AM »
I've been checking these out too.  They seem to have a different temp controller than the older models and I don't think they have the 'P' settings anymore.  That 'P' setting being one of the things that turned me off the Traegers before.  I've sent an email to the importer to try and get some more info on them as they could be back on the list.

Davo

• Chef de Partie
    • View Profile
Re: New Treager Pellet smokers
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
I went down to the BBQ's Galore store in Campbelltown over the weekend and they had all 3 sized Traeger pellet grills on display.
I really had a good look at them and like Mick, was really impressed on what they've done with these new models.
Firstly by arranging the legs of the cookers like a saw horse style has given it more stability and the legs are not the ugly angle steel things they used to be.
The new digital unit looks better than original, the lid and whole unit felt solid as a rock....actually, If I had it, I would not hesitate forking out my hard earned on one of these pellet poopers.
They may not have wifi or stuff like that but in my opinion, these units are Better than the original 075 cooker I had before. Traeger is back and well priced too.

Cheers

Davo
If ya want it to work...ya gotta hold your mouth right!!