Author Topic: Another Curry in the slow cooker  (Read 198 times)

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
Another Curry in the slow cooker
« on: July 10, 2016, 04:58:23 AM »
Hmm,

Courtesy of this damned glandular fever that does not seem to want to quit I have all the energy of a sloth on valium but there is a bit around in the early am after first cup of tea.

So having put out some drumsticks to thaw last night managed to assemble what is now smelling like a pretty solid curry.

Just layered the drummies in the bottom, slathered them with the Massaman paste that Gatsby introduced me to, and added some Sambal Oelek just because I had picked some up last week and who knows? might kill this damned bug :)

Added in three well diced up potatoes and a diced onion then a can of lentils - I really like the convenient way Coles are sticking their label on canned lentils, chick peas etc, makes impulse cooks really easy, and really cheap :)

A bit of water, added some S&P, gave it a stir and leaving it alone as a slow cooker should be.

At around the six hour mark I'll add in some green veg, more aesthetic than anything else really but whilst it is filling the house with aroma it does look a bit ordinary :)

Cheers
The kettle is king the Q is quick

addy

• Chef de Partie
    • View Profile
Re: Another Curry in the slow cooker
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »
How inventive to put lentils into a thai curry - sounds yumm. What greens did you add? I saw a youtube demo once where the cook said to steam or blanch the veges first before adding them to the curry so the taste doesn't overtake the flavour of the curry, particularly, broccoli. I am too lazy to do that!  :o

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »
:)

It was very yum actually Addy :)

In the end I just added some peas, I probably should have had some carrot in there but I'm not sure it would have made much difference to the overall meal.

Cheers

Geoffo

• Cue Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Another Curry in the slow cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:17:01 AM »
I have a utter throw together slow cooker curry on the go which is starting to show some promise. The powder I started with is an Aussie one. Heavy on tumeric with visible whole leafs
1.5kg Chicken drummies that needed cooking, 2 cans of coconut milk and everything that was on its last legs in the vegie drawer.
Onion, carrot, cellery and  capsicum. Some caulie will go in a little later. Added a cup of lentils for some body. Some salt and dried chili found its way in too.
Heres hoping

Still Cue'in
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:43:19 AM by Geoffo »

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:21:39 AM »
I have a utter throw together slow cooker curry on the go which is starting to show some promise. The powder I started with is an Aussie one. Heavy on tumeric with visible whole leafs
1.5kg Chicken drummies that needed cooking, 2 cans of coconut milk and everything that was on its last legs in the vegie drawer.
Onion, carrot, cellery and  capsicum. Some caulie will go in a little later. Added a cup of lentils for some body. Some salt and dried chili found its way in too.
Heres hoping

:)

Cant's really go wrong mate, curry covers a lot of cooking sins :)

I've just put a two day one in the oven, fish based but warmed up :)

Enjoy :)

Cheers

Still Cue'in