Author Topic: Sriracha sauce  (Read 329 times)

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
Sriracha sauce
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
 :)

I think my wife has given up on anything that happens to me at the shops - I do all of the shopping.

Go down to my local Coles today, the LiquorLand was in lock-down, some kids, one is currently locked in the cold room, the owner is pretty tough, two others are already in the paddy wagon  and a cop mate of mine is sitting outside chewing his habitual gum and trying to decide when to open the door - asked him if he needed a bit of help - said "Nah, I'll open it with my gun at his eye level."

Guess that works... :)

So I go on into the centre figuring he'd yell if he needed me and there's a girl, not wearing much who asked me if I like spicy food - silly question :)

She hands me a bottle of a new brand of chili sauce and a questionnaire with an envelope - works for me, free sauce is always good :)

Cooking with it now, smells pretty good :)

I get so many freebies down there - must be my smile - or something :)

Go back out and my cop mate is standing the other way around - still chewing his gum, kid has been removed - he's waiting for forensics to arrive but no way I can buy there today, have a chat, promise him a beer and drive to the next nearest bottle shop:)

Try explaining that to your wife :)

I just told her we have a new sauce to try :)

Cheers

The kettle is king the Q is quick

Smokey

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sriracha sauce
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:17:53 AM »
I know that situation,,, You go to say the story,,, and then,,, This could go bad so I will just shut up  :-X
Whats the sauce called? I'm due @ coles tomorrow arvo.

Cobblerdave

• Cue Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:31:08 PM »
G'day
Funny my need for hot sauce tends to follow the seasons. It's colder now I hardly use any thing with chillie heat in at all. Come the hotter wheather that will change for sure
Regards dave

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:13:03 PM »
I know that situation,,, You go to say the story,,, and then,,, This could go bad so I will just shut up  :-X
Whats the sauce called? I'm due @ coles tomorrow arvo.

This one mate:

http://www.sneakymag.com/content/uploads/2015/10/Sriracha_Hot_Sauce_Bottles_Freshii_Restaurant_Family_Dinner_Downtown_Grand_Rapids_June_27_2014_1_14552677466.jpg

First image I found - ignore the site, mostly morons :)

My wife used to wonder if I was for real, until she saw me toss some drugged idiot clean over a parked car just before he attacked some poor old lady - he bounced pretty well, never seen him again since - little old lady keeps buying me coffees :)

I have a low tolerance for idiots and a high capability of dealing with them ;)

Cheers

Bentley

• Cue Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:35:04 PM »
Made 10 miles from where I used to live!

What do you think?  The only one I have ever used. 

Would like to make some of my own...but the garden chili's and just the garden in general have been a disaster this season!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:44:06 PM by Bentley »
If God is your Co-pilot, switch seats...

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

They do not call Western Australia "Wait a While" for no reason Bent - never seen it here before. Then again my family and friends in South Australia had not seen it before either :)

It's a supply and demand situation, we have a population of around 25 million, you have more than that in the Bos/Wash corridor and ours are scattered across the biggest island in the world :)

The internet is changing it with on-line ordering - slowly, but also rather expensively :)

Great sauce though, the meal was excellent :)

I sympathise on the garden, everything, and I mean everything, not a native, died in ours last summer apart from some cacti and a frangipani, which are not even mine, looking after them for step-daughter and I don't know how, short of a flame thrower you would kill either anyway :)

Start again come spring I guess :)

Cheers

Smokey

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 07:44:38 AM »
Ahh, OK.  I thought there was a new one.  That's been available on the East coast for years.
Talk about "Wait a While"  ???
Its good stuff

chrisg

• Administrator
  • Exec Cue Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
Ahh, OK.  I thought there was a new one.  That's been available on the East coast for years.
Talk about "Wait a While"  ???
Its good stuff

W.A is still trying to sort out that we are in the 21st century :)

It's a great sauce, but in the end a chili sauce is a chili sauce... Usually I make my own, but not right now :)

Cheers

Snags

• Cue Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 12:17:15 AM »
Stir fry chicken and veg of choice all the usuals fish sauce, rice wine a bit of oyster thicken sauce I use potato flour and water.
When ready squirt a fair amount of sriracha  stir through and serve
Its pretty good if you are craving that Vietnamese taste in the middle of nowhere.

Favourite Vietnamese stirfry in Melb is chilli beef
same as above but use velveted beef
minimum veg green cap onion carrot

Very very close to the original in Victoria Street

Bentley

• Cue Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 01:26:08 AM »
I see these are new and am looking to try and find them!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:28:11 AM by Bentley »
If God is your Co-pilot, switch seats...